Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Organization, waste of time?

Ok, I have really made an effort to get organized. I bought the Palm Pilot after much research as to what would work best for me. I decided on the Palm because it has a good sized screen and is not too hard to manipulate for my hands. My fingers are not as capable on those smaller keyboards. With the recent demise of my Palm I have been considering other things I do to stay organized. LOL Anybody who knows me, knows I can organize the heck out of anyone else including the worst offices you have ever seen, but to organize my own life is an ongoing struggle. I have a really good friend that I admire and watch in awe. She is so organized that I call her B.O.--Born Organized. She is my hero, I want to be like her when I grow up. But I digress.... In the last couple of days I have had some difficulty finding things. Now these are not big things, but needful just the same. How did I lose them you might ask? Well, I lost them by picking them up and trying to find a home for them. They were laying around and not where they were supposed to be. I picked them up and went to put them away. But now they are not where they are supposed to be and not where they were when I picked them up. I cannot find them anywhere. It is a conspiracy. A conspiracy for me to just stop picking things up. One of the items was something my daughter had left out. I remember picking it up and going to put it away. But when we went to go get it, it was not there. My daughter in her infinite wisdom says "I left it out so I could find it when I needed it, why didn't you just leave it alone?" Good question, why? I don't know, because I have a dream of an organized and clean house. Of a place for everything and everything in it's place. Why is it that we can find things when we don't need them and then when we do they are nowhere to be found?

and just where do all the socks go? Honestly, I just bought my 7 yo son new socks for school. I washed, folded them and put them in his drawers for him. But since the first week of school his socks have disappeared. I do not know where they are, I have looked everywhere. Do they walk off by themselves? Have they been eaten or thrown out? I can only find odds and ends of old socks and one pair of the new ones. When asked what has happened to his socks, he declares ignorance to ever having owned a sock in his life. I just do not know about this. Today in the rain he wore sandals. I hope he likes wet feet and that today was not a gym day. He will be disappointed if they do get to go out at recess today despite the rain. Last night He was telling us that he did not like it when all the kids used to gather around the guinea pig at recess. The teacher had to make a new rule that only two could be with the pig at a time. He liked that rule. We said that is better for the pig because it could be overwhelming to have all those kids around you. He said he didn't know about that, but now he has someone to play soccer with. It's the little things that make a child happy. Someone to play with. Make time to play today. :)

No comments: