Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gratitude

I really want to express my gratitude for the freedoms I enjoy living in the United States.  I am grateful for military men and women and their families for the sacrifices they make to maintain my freedoms.

I am grateful for men like my father-in-law who fought in WWII.  He has shared many stories of the war with me.  He has made it very real to me.  Today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day.  I remember reading the Diary of Anne Frank as a teenager. It was the first time I got a real picture of how the Holocaust affected families.  It is a very moving book.  Another good reason to keep a journal, but I digress.

Several years ago, The Holocaust museum brought a traveling exhibit to Kansas City.  I went to it.  It was one of the most moving experiences I have ever had.  Pictures, video and survivors gave me a reality check.   I believe it is important to know about and remember the Holocaust.  There is much to learn from it.  

I encourage you to check out the website below for more information.  Take a moment to remember and pray for those who were affected by the Holocaust.  Take a moment to express gratitude to our Heavenly Father for what we have. 

http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/focus/ihrd/comment_post.php

No comments: