Tuesday, April 15, 2008

bump in the road

Last Friday I was walking on the treadmill, going at a pretty good pace and feeling really good. Then suddenly I got a bad headache. I started to feel dizzy and nauseous. I thought maybe I was dehydrated. So I drank some more water and kept walking, When my headache would not go away, I finally gave up and took break. I drank some more water and but still felt bad. I was so angry that I could not continue my workout. I was just beginning to feel like I was going to make my goal for the week of 7 miles. But my head hurt so bad, that I just decided to go home. First I checked my blood pressure. It was fine, so I went home. I ate something and voila, my headache went away. In fact, I felt much better. I had a pretty busy weekend with the family and did not get a real workout in all weekend. On Monday I went to EQ. I barely got started on my work out and boom, my headache returned. I felt sick again. I talked to Mandy and we came to the conclusion that it could be that I am not eating enough in the am. So I went home and ate. And yes, I felt better. Today, I ate a better breakfast with some protein and carbs, then I worked out. I felt so much better. I refuse to quit. This is just a bump, a learning experience. I just need to revamp my eating habits. I have never been a breakfast eater So eating before I work out is not something I was really doing. I would grab a glass of milk and a banana or just a banana. I have to rethink my habits. My body is changing, so I guess my metabolism is changing too. I need more calories in the am so I can workout. Goal for this week is to eat a good breakfast every morning.

No comments: