Saturday, April 19, 2008

Family Fitness Fun

What a beautiful day this has been. I started my day with my first ever 3 mile walk. I went to the Walk for Life at the Pleasant Valley Baptist Church. My husband and children went as well. I set a goal to accomplish all 3 miles in an hour. That would be three 20 minute miles. I thought that is a good pace for me at this time. So out I went. The kids were going to try and do a 20 minute mile as well, but only 1. My daughter finished her mile in about 15 minutes, she has long legs. My 7 yr old son did his mile in 23 minutes. He has just been diagnosed with asthma and he gets worried about running now. I want to get him out more so he can see he can still do things and breath. I have noticed an improvement in my asthma now that I am working out. I just use my inhaler before I get started and usually do just fine. Today was a little cold in the morning while we were walking. But I warmed right up. The last mile I picked up my pace because I was afraid I was not going to make my goal. I came in at 55 minutes for the 3 miles. I am so proud of myself. It was great fun and I was so pumped after that I just did not know what to do with myself. I am going to participate in the Walk for the Homeless in Liberty on May 17. I am not sure how long it is, but I am going to do it. Look for more updates as the time gets closer. I am out of here, have to take my daughter for a haircut.

No comments: