Thursday, March 27, 2008

Goals.....

I really need to blog today. It has been an eventful day. I have done a lot of thinking in the last couple of days. Mandy asked me to give her a goal for the next 10 weeks of training. I had to really give it a lot of thought. I have set goals before. But I tend to set them too high. Making it hard for me to achieve them and then I quit because I feel like a failure. I want this time to be different. So I really gave it some thought. Mandy wanted us to set an overall goal and then mirco goals to reach our overall goal. Here are my goals for the next 10 weeks.

Overall goal is to lose 10% of my body weight. As of today, I have lost 10 pounds in that direction.
Micro goals:
1. Attend EQ (training with Mandy) 2 x week.
2. Cardio at least 3 x week, of at least 30 minutes. (I can swim, walk, treadmill, cycle or use the elliptical)
3. Attend Weight Watchers Meetings at least 1 x week.
A. Write everything I eat.
B. Count everything I eat.
C. Drink 6 glasses of water at least every day.
4. If I choose to drink a Mt. Dew, I must count it and it must fit into my daily and weekly points/calories.

I think setting these goals will help me to look at my daily progress more easily. Also, these things will help me to accomplish my big goal of losing 150 pounds. I do not have a time frame for that at this time. Another long term goal I have is to walk/run the PF Chang's 1/2 marathon in Phoenix in January 2009.

Today, I went for my work out with Mandy. I went early because my morning had been a little stressful. So I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill before our workout. Then Mandy proceeded to work me hard. It was great. I think that the jumping jacks even though modified, were really effective for my cardio. The crunches kill me so much, but I know that they are good for me. :) I learned how to use the elliptical
today. That was a real workout, you have to really concentrate on what you are doing, or your legs can run away from you. I got going too fast and then it wore me out. lol :)

Working on my balance has been so awesome. I am so excited because I can really see progress. Today, after Mandy left, I was able to stand on one foot while doing bicep curls without weights. I was just practicing to see if I could do the motion. It was a great feeling. I get so excited about working out. I think about my workouts like I used to think about food. Mandy says she thinks I have some addictive personality traits. (Those of you who know me well.......do you think? LOL :) ) I totally have addictive behaviors, have said that for years. Good thing I don't drink alcohol, or I know I would be an alcoholic. But being addicted to working out is not so bad. I can handle that addiction for now. :)

After working out I went to Weight Watchers. How great it was! I totally enjoyed the meeting. This week I went to the 12:00 class here in town, and it was such a good fit for me. The leader was so enthusiastic and informative, I really left feeling motivated and totally confident about the program. She mentioned my blog to the group and asked me to share a little about what I am doing. She was very supportive. How blessed I am to have all these people in my life that want me to succeed. It is such a fabulous feeling. I just cannot express how great it feels. And how much it helps. Thank you, thank you to all my supporters.

BTW, I have changed my comments part of my blog. You no longer have to have a gmail account to make a comment. However, I still have not figured out how to notify you when I update my blog. This is a work in progress, just like me. :)

No comments: