Saturday, March 22, 2008

What a great week!

This has been a busy week for me and my family. The kids have been home for spring break. So my schedule was a little messed up. However, I still worked out. I also took the kids swimming and walking. We were very active this week. Thanks to the nice weather, we were able to get outside. Thursday I went to the community center and worked out by myself. I did a good job, but found it not as fun as when Mandy is there. I was so excited because I was able to get on the BOSU ball and balance on 2 feet for about 3 minutes. I could not believe it. Just a week ago, I could not even do it for a few seconds. It made me feel good to see the improvement. I could hardly wait to call Mandy and tell her the news.

This week I joined WW online, but then decided I would go to the meetings. I went to my first meeting on Thursday. It was pretty good. There was a big group of people there, including lots of men, and 1 teenage girl. When I joined on line, it pulled up my last membership from a little over 3 years ago. I weighed the same when I started my exercise as I did when I was in WW last time. It was a little surprising, because I did not realize that I have been this large for so long. Not a good thing. So anyway, when I went to the meeting they weighed me. I was surprised because it was less than I expected. So the next morning I weighed in at the community center to see if the two scales were close in measurement. To my surprise, they are very similar and I have lost 2 more pounds! woo hoo. I know the biggest thing is the decrease in dew, increase in water and exercise. I am encouraged. I am on my way to my 10 percent. That is my first goal. I want to lose 10 percent of my body weight. I would love to set a time period, but whenever I do that and don't make it, I give up. So I am taking this one day at a time for now. :)

Friday, I worked out with Mandy and some of the ladies. It was a great work out! I really pushed and felt the pain. Oh my stomach aches, from the crunches. But it feels good to know that I am doing something so great for myself. YEAH! Monday we are going to take measurements. That will be fun. :) but at least I will see some progress as time goes on in inches too. That will be great. Well I need to run, have a lot to do today. Tomorrow is Easter. Oh yeah, this whole week the community center had Easter candy at the front desk. I am proud to say that I did not indulge in even one piece, and it was chocolate. I didn't even want a piece, weird. I off to clean house. TTFN.

Kathy

No comments: