Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm ALIVE!

OK, today I am so sore. My upper body hurts in places I didn't know existed. It is great! I feel so alive! I feel sore, because, I have been using muscles that have been ignored for too long. I cannot explain how great it feels to wake up and know that I am sore because I have been working out. Many mornings I wake up feeling so tired, and so achy that I do not want to even get out of bed. But today, I woke up with this soreness that I can only describe as my muscles coming to life. It is a great feeling. I am looking forward to my workout today.

My youngest son has been having some symptoms of Asthma. Does not surprise me. The whole family has allergies and many of us already have asthma. He asked to go to the doctor and see if they can give him an inhaler. It seems to bother him most when he is exercising. So I called the doctor. The only appointment they had today was at 10:15. At first I said yes, then it hit me. No, that is during my time with Mandy. I asked the receptionist if they had another time. She said none on Friday, but he is in here on Saturday. (not his usual schedule) I then scheduled an appointment for early Saturday am. In the past, I would have put my son first and taken the appointment. I would have rationalized that he needs to be seen asap. I can work out, or do what ever I had planned another time. I have taken a back seat. I am not saying that I need to only think about myself. There definitely needs to be a balance. It is not going to hurt him to go on Saturday, when it is more convenient for all of us. He does not have PE today and this way he does not miss any school. A win win, in my opinion. In the past, I would not have pushed to meet my needs. I know it is important for me to take care of myself. I am establishing a lifelong habit right now. It may take some getting used to for everyone in the family. I have to get going right now. I forgot to turn off the alarm clock, got up before it went off. It is going off right now. lol Besides it is time to get the morning routine under way. Will write more later.

Kathy

No comments: